Shipping & Damages
All our typewriters are shipped free of charge. Any time the typewriter is returned to us, for any reason, the cost of shipping is the customer’s responsibility. We carefully pack each one so that it arrives in the same condition that it left us. Each typewriter is insured for the full value.
Please inspect your typewriter immediately to make sure that it is in the condition that we said it is in.
Should your typewriter arrive damaged:
- please contact us immediately at email@example.com
- take photos of the exterior and interior of the box
- take photos of any damage on the typewriter or a video of how it is not working properly
- please send photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will file an insurance claim on your behalf. Please understand that it can take several weeks for the claim to be approved. While we’ve never had a claim denied, please be aware that it is not guaranteed.
- When the claim is approved, we will notify you and process a refund in the amount awarded in the claim.
Troubleshooting & Insurance Reimbursements
There are inherent risks with purchasing a vintage item. While our sales are final, we will help you troubleshoot issues as much as we are able.
At Jot & Tittle Vintage Typewriters, we SERVICE our machines which means that we do minor repairs, clean, and get the typewriter into a working condition using the original parts. We do NOT take the machine apart or replace parts (except in some minor instances). This allows us to provide a working typewriter at an affordable price.
- These are NOT restored or refurbished.
- Read this blog post that explains the difference: What’s The Difference Between Serviced, Refurbished, & Restored.
When you receive your typewriter, please rewatch the demo video and the tutorial video associated with your machine. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
Sometimes, the jostling of shipping will cause minor issues and most of the time we are able to walk you through getting the typewriter operational.
PROCESSING INSURANCE CLAIMS:
Should there be shipping damage we will file a claim with the carrier, FedEx, on your behalf. Reimbursements will NOT be given until the insurance claim is paid out. Sometimes the carrier will award the full amount, other times it is partial, and in some instances, they will refuse the claim. JOT & TITTLE VINTAGE TYPEWRITERS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING DAMAGE THEREFORE WE ONLY REIMBURSE WHAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY AWARDS.
OPTIONAL 6-MONTH WARRANTY
We offer a 6-month warranty as an add-on to your typewriter purchase. Should any issues arise within 6-months of receiving your typewriter, we will repair the typewriter free of charge and cover the cost of shipping the typewriter back to you. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF GETTING THE TYPEWRITER TO US FOR REPAIRS (address above). If we are unable to repair the typewriter, we’ll refund the purchase price of the typewriter. If you do not remember if you purchased a warranty or want to know if it has expired, please contact us here and we will assist you.