Shipping & Damages
All our typewriters are shipped free of charge. Any time the typewriter is returned to us, for any reason, the cost of shipping is the customer’s responsibility. We carefully pack each one so that it arrives in the same condition that it left us. Each typewriter is insured for the full value.
Please inspect your typewriter immediately to make sure that it is in the condition that we said it is in.
Should your typewriter arrive damaged:
- please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- take photos of the exterior and interior of the box
- take photos of any damage on the typewriter or a video of how it is not working properly
- please send photos and videos to email@example.com
- We will file an insurance claim on your behalf. Please understand that it can take several weeks for the claim to be approved. While we’ve never had a claim denied, please be aware that it is not guaranteed.
- When the claim is approved, we will notify you and process a refund in the amount awarded in the claim.
3-Day Review & Returns
There are inherent risks with purchasing a vintage item. While our sales are final, we do offer a 3-day review so you can test the typewriter to make sure it is working as we said it would.
At Jot & Tittle Vintage Typewriters, we SERVICE our machines which means that we do minor repairs, clean, and get the typewriter into a working condition using the original parts. We do NOT take the machine apart or replace parts (except in some minor instances). This allows us to provide a working typewriter at an affordable price.
- These are NOT restored or refurbished.
- Read this blog post that explains the difference: What’s The Difference Between Serviced, Refurbished, & Restored.
When you receive your typewriter, please rewatch the demo video and the tutorial video associated with your machine. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes, the jostling of shipping will cause minor issues and most of the time we are able to walk you through getting the typewriter operational.
PROCESSING THE RETURN:
If your typewriter is not in the condition we indicated in our description or demo video, you have the option to return the typewriter, at your expense including shipping insurance, for a full refund. While we prefer FedEx, the customer has the option to use the carrier of their choice.
- Please email us at email@example.com to notify us of the return.
- If you want to take advantage of our lower shipping rates via FedEx, we will send you a prepaid label and deduct the cost of the label from your return.
- Pack the typewriter carefully using the packing material it was shipped with in order to protect it from further damage in transit.
- The typewriter must be insured for the full value of your purchase. (Please see “Processing Insurance Claims” below).
- Returns MUST be completed within 14 days of receiving your typewriter. After that, we will not accept any returns!
Ship Pre-approved Returns To:
JOT & TITTLE VINTAGE TYPEWRITERS, 5 PAOLA LANE, KIMBERLING CITY, MO 65686
PROCESSING INSURANCE CLAIMS:
Should there be shipping damage we will file a claim with the carrier, FedEx, on your behalf. Refunds will NOT be given until the insurance claim is paid out. Sometimes the carrier will award the full amount, other times it is partial, and in some instances, they will refuse the claim. JOT & TITTLE VINTAGE TYPEWRITERS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING DAMAGE THEREFORE WE ONLY REFUND WHAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY AWARDS.
In the instance of when a customer decides to return the typewriter TO US, it is the customer’s responsibility to obtain the proper shipping insurance. If the typewriter arrives damaged, it is the customer’s responsibility to file a claim and any refund will come directly from the insurance carrier in the event of shipping damage. Jot & Tittle Vintage Typewriters will not issue a refund in the case of a typewriter return arriving damaged.
OPTIONAL 6-MONTH WARRANTY
We offer a 6-month warranty as an add-on to your typewriter purchase. Should any issues arise within 6-months of receiving your typewriter, we will repair the typewriter free of charge and cover the cost of shipping the typewriter back to you. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF GETTING THE TYPEWRITER TO US FOR REPAIRS (address above). If we are unable to repair the typewriter, we’ll refund the purchase price of the typewriter. If you do not remember if you purchased a warranty or want to know if it has expired, please contact us here and we will assist you.